CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Online Application Tools . . .

. . . or, How Google Continues to Impress Me


Today's assignment required that I experiment with a few online application tools. I didn't have any luck with Zoho simply because I lacked a username and password. NumSum wouldn't come up at all. However, I found several applications on Google Docs that I liked quite a bit (and could actually see myself using.) Well for starters, Google Docs (which I'm currently using to type this post.) It seems like a decent word processing program and appears to include all the basics. I really like the fact that I can access this program from any computer, as long as it has internet access. Not needing a flash drive/floppy disk is kind of cool. I also like the Google Calender feature. Up to this point in my life I haven't been very good at planning things on calendars (taking the time to write things down takes TOO MUCH effort! ;) I've tried to keep track of important dates in my head) and it's worked so far, but it seems like I'm having to keep track of more and more stuff so it might be a good thing to train myself to start using a calendar. I guess it's either between using an online application like this or writing information down in my day planner (which has been collecting dust for the past few years.) I guess the only limitation with Google Calendars is that I need to be near a computer in order to access it, whereas my day planner or some other pocket calendar could be carried around with me all the time. I also looked at the Google spreadsheets but haven't yet had too much of a need for spreadsheets. I'm sure in the future this might also come in handy. Basically, the main point I've gleaned from today's exercise is how ridiculously versatile and user-friendly Google is and how much I wish I had bought shares when it went public. Doh!



0 comments: